Artificial Grass vs Real Grass is an age-old debate. If you’re looking forward to beautifying the lawn and making it available for the kids and pets to run around freely, then you’d either have to think about grass, or you’d need to consider synthetic turf.
Whichever it is, each has its strengths and drawbacks. It’s not only about how it looks from the above. Instead, there are plenty of other equally important factors.
In our guide, we’ll be looking at all those contributing elements to determine which one is better and which one you should get!
Artificial Grass vs Real Grass
Real and artificial grass is different in many ways, but that’s not our main concern today. Instead, we’ll try analyzing which one is more balanced and comes up with the most benefit on the whole!
The Issue of Watering
This is the first that pops up in everyone’s mind while talking about any grass out there. Watering the grass can seem to be a challenging task to perform, especially for those who are stuck to their 9 to 5s. It gets difficult to do almost anything after a long and tiring day at the office, let alone watering the plants.
Well, in this case, the fake turf stays ahead. As you already know, real grass means it’d require water to be kept alive. Plus, if you’re not watering properly, they can live, but the texture wouldn’t look nice turning up all yellowish and so on.
While on the other hand synthetic grass, though requiring a slight bit of water, it’s not as sensitive as its real counterparts.
You may need to hose down the entire area to remove dirt and debris, and that’s all.
So, if, after days of long work, giving enough time behind the grass is difficult for you, then getting a quality synthetic grass solution is perhaps the best option to go!
Well, here is the hottest debate between the two parties ever. You may ask why. It’s because both the options have different ways of action. For instance, artificial grass is clean and doesn’t require much watering, nor does it need pesticides to grow it better.
And in this case, real grass falls short, as you’d have to waste tons and tons of water behind it, which is a major issue. In some parts of the states, the water crisis is undeniable. If the household starts using up too much water for the grass only, it can turn out to be hazardous in the end.
Moreover, you’d also need to use pesticides which can also cause issues getting mixed with rainwater. Ingestion of the pesticide can come with serious consequences as well.
But, the positive side of real grass is its living. It can contribute positively to the environment by producing oxygen and reducing the level of carbon. On top of it, it’s much more fulfilling for children and pets playing on the natural surface than the artificial ones.
So, you can now see, it’s difficult to distinguish which one is better for the environment on the whole.
Maintenance is another key factor where both the real and the artificial grass collide. It can be a highly problematic issue, especially if you have a real grass lawn. Looking after them all the time and inspecting their health is something you’d have to perform no matter what.
On top of it, you’d also need to be concerned about any pest breakout or related issues and take necessary precautions.
Mowing is another important task you’d need to perform with real grass.
But, with fake grass, none of the above-mentioned hassles aren’t needed to be performed. You may only require to hose down the area for some time if it gets a bit dirty. But except for such easy cleaning, you don’t need to go through any difficult procedures we just have talked about.
Goasis Lawn Artificial Grass for Lawns
- Premium Quality Material: Goasis Lawn is a gorgeous, multi-purpose and very durable superior quality artificial grass/turf brand, made of advanced UV resistant yarns, polyethylene fabric and durable latex backing with drainage holes, easy to clean and can be dry quickly. Perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- Environment Friendly: High-density grass height about 0.4inch in length, looks and feels like realistic grass; Our artificial grass is non-toxic and lead free, making it an excellent surface for pets and kids to play on. 14 tone patterns are soft, lush and looks just like natural grass, providing you with year-round green and turf enjoyment.
- Wide Application: Artificial grass provides a superior flooring solution for a variety of applications. Artificial Lawns is now popular for residential garden lawns, swimming pools, decking, dog runs, kids play areas, safety flooring, corporate events and school playground flooring.
- Save Money: No mowing, no watering, no spraying,no fertilizing, just enjoy a perfect show garden all year round or a practical maintenance free green space. Lay artificial turf in shaded, mossy or dry areas to create much more than just an astro home.
- Best Choice: If you have pets or children who turn your real grass into mud or dust. If you have an extravagant roof garden, modest back yard or a minute balcony, this is the perfect grass for you! we pride ourselves on providing our customers with a professional, personal service and top quality products.
- Size: 5x8ft
- Weight: 7.61 pounds
- Color: Vibrant green
- Material: Premium polyethylene fabric with latex backing
- Coming with a highly vibrant color pattern it looks almost like real grass
- A dense pattern makes it more authentic
- Made using superior grade materials, it offers stunning UV protection
- Specially designed drainage holes dry out excess water
- May seem a bit too thin
Which Ones More Expensive?
Cost is one of the most important factors that contributes highly in terms of making up a choice. No matter how much benefit each sort of grass comes with, it’d still be a matter of whether you’re able to afford it or not. That’s why it’s highly crucial to understand the cost issues of each grass type.
Well, as you might already have guessed, real grass costs 3-5 times more than artificial grass on average. Although, the primary installation cost of artificial grass is much more than the real ones. But over the years, real grass’s cost would double or triple the cost of synthetic ones.
Well, as we have gone through a long and detailed analytical discussion on artificial grass vs real grass, you should now be able to conceptualize the benefits and the drawbacks of each one based on your circumstances.
Social, economic, and individual- all these standpoints can have a significant impact on which one you can go for. From our understanding, premium-grade artificial grass seems to offer the most at a lower cost. Yet, the decision is up to you completely.
So, reflect on your surrounding circumstances and pick the one that suits you best. Get the green on your lawn and backyard and transform the environment right now!