Artificial grass vs turf? Are you confused about the difference between the two? Is there any dissimilarity between the two at all, in the first place? Although they seem like pretty much the same thing, they do have slight differences in characteristics and functions.
Chiefly turf refers to the shorter and one, mostly used for sports and other similar activities.
On the other hand, artificial grass is a bit longer variant, used mostly on the backyards or the lawns of regular households.
Artificial Grass VS Turf (Which One to Go For?)
Here in our detailed and highly analytical guide, we’ll try to outline the few differences between the two synthetic grass variants. We’ll also try to present where these two types are specially used!
What is Artificial Turf?
Artificial turf, also known as the first generation artificial grass, was primarily made for sports-related usages. The Surfaces of these turfs are way shorter than their grass counterparts. Let’s look at some of its’ features.
Shorter in Size: As we explained earlier, the grass particles of this particular type aren’t that long. It’s built with tiny glass-like particles, placed closely together, giving it a much thicker appearance from above.
More Similar to Carpets: It resembles carpets more than it resembles actual grass. Usually, they don’t possess the delicateness or softness of dense, fluffy fake grass. Instead, they feature a coarser surface pattern.
Harder Surface: Well, as the grass particles are kept at a minimum length, it doesn’t offer feathery comfort when someone’s falling on it. Instead, the surface is harder than the artificial turf solution and has the potential to hurt you.
More Abrasive: Being rough, coarse, and hard, the turf floor is abrasive. If you slide or fall on it, the chances are that it’d result in light bruises.
What is Artificial Grass?
After the turf, let’s discuss what artificial grass is. Just as the name suggests, artificial grass refers to synthetic particles that look completely identical to natural grass.
Unlike their turf counterparts, they’re usually longer in length, more like the real grass. Let’s quickly go through some of its characteristics.
Looks Realistic: The longer blades or synthetic particles give a more realistic flavor to the entire area. It’s more aesthetic and vibrant than the turf.
Softer Surface: Being fluffy and having lengthy blades, artificial grass features a softer surface. So, falling or playing on it may not be as difficult as with turf. On top of it, the possibility of bruises and cuts because of sliding on it is lower.
Can be Less Durable: Because of having softer and more delicate synthetic particles, it can be less durable than the turf, which is stronger and more abrasive. So, this is something you should consider before moving ahead with it.
Good for Children and Pet: Having a softer and more cushioned surface artificial grass can be an ideal playground for your kids. It would create fewer problems while they jump and play around on it. Similarly, it also makes a quality spot for the pets to run around and have a more natural entertainment sort. It will also improve their mood and behave gently with you as a result.
Here, an artificial turf we featured that is the best one to pick:
SunVilla Realistic Artificial Turf
- ✅Premium quality: SunVilla is a marvelous, multi-purpose and very durable superior quality artificial grass/turf Brand, made of Advanced UV resistant Yarn, polyethylene fabric and durable latex backing, All materials come from the top suppliers All over the world and strictly tested in our laboratory. Perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects. SunVilla grass Doesn’t require any infill for even high traffic.
- ✅ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: SunVilla artificial grass is non-toxic and lead free, making it an excellent surface for pets and kids to play on. 4 tone patterns are soft, lush and with 1 3/8" blade height just look like natural grass, providing you with year-round green and turf enjoyment.
- ✅Save money & always Green: no mowing, no watering, no spraying, no fertilizing, SunVilla artificial grass needs no maintenance and looks perfectly fresh and Green all year Round.
- ✅BEST CHOICE IN ARTIFICIAL GRASS: Make perfect well-manicured look. SunVilla provides with 10 years with 30 days return policy plus hassle-free customer service make your purchase 100 % worry free!
- ✅Best matching: please select SunVilla artificial turf self-adhesive seaming tape for your SunVilla turf installation projects for a perfect seamless outcome by clicking
- Length: 13 square ft
- Pattern: Spine yarn
- Material: Plastic and rubber
- Shape: Rectangular
- Color: Blend of green/olive green and yellow
- Weight: 53.5
- Outstanding quality with realistic looks
- Premium grade 3-way color patterns enhance the naturalness
- Superior quality UV resistance protects from overheating
- Soft and dense construction for more comfort
- May seem slightly flat
Well, as you can see, we’ve explained each sort in detail in our comprehensive discussion. So, both artificial grass and turf have unique characteristics. But, it’s solely upon you to decide which one to go for. On the one hand, the turf may offer slightly more durability in general.
But, synthetic grass has a lot to offer, and if you’re willing to spend a little more, a premium grass solution can prove to give an equally lasting performance. Both can be utilized to transform the entire look of your house.
So, let’s not wait more and make up your mind to get the best synthetic turf or grass and order right away for a perfectly natural-looking home!