Well, as artificial grass is one of the most versatile elements to use, why would you restrict its use only in the backyards? Here we’ll show you how to install artificial water on the rooftop easily! So you can get the beauty on the roof, which is much more private, clean, and easy to maintain.
Coming with out-of-the-world benefits with low to no maintenance and a lush green natural appearance, nothing can match the handiness of this new sort of technologically advanced grass!
How to Install Artificial Grass on Rooftop
Here in our step-by-step guide, we’d walk you through the basics of installing artificial grass on your rooftop. Let’s look at the procedures right now!
Primary Roof Inspection
The first thing you’d need to figure out is whether your roof can withstand the grass, the installation and the regular cleaning, and other elements like drainage and temper.
These are the few basic things you should make sure of before starting the work. The drainage should be an essential part of your inspection. Your roof must have to be in the most optimum drainage conditions to get it installed in the first place.
Usually, the roofs should be able to cope with all these things as almost all the modern-day roofs are built strong, and the synthetic grass is relatively light. Moreover, you’re not needing soil, so laying grass without soil shouldn’t negatively impact the temper either. But still, it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
If all things are okay then getting grass installed is extremely easy for a stunning roof garden. You can check this one as we selected from a long list of premium grass solutions
ALTRUISTIC Artificial Grass
- ✅Materials: made of high quality synthetic material, Superior resilience and durability, Constructed of the highest quality UV resistant polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarn, 70 oz Total weight per square yard to ensure an extremely High-Density artificial grass.
- ✅: It is and non-toxic, its 4 tone pattern is soft, lush and the thatch looks just like natural grass, providing you with Year Round Green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- ✅Save money by going Green: no mowing, no watering, no spraying, just Years Of enjoyment with family, friends and pets and they would not have to worry about the grass thinning out or dying off during hot or cold weather.
- ✅Simple installation: laying out our grass is very simple-simply mark and dig out an area, lay out the base, roll out the turf, and seal the matter, infilling is your choice, though we recommend it, blade height is close to 1 3/8” and perfect for that well-manicured look.
- ✅Best choice in artificial grass: top quality and low price - 10 years with 30 days return policy, if you want customize of the artificial grass, click the lita storefront.
- Used superior class synthetic for the utmost resilience above.
- High-density grass makes it look almost real and encourages the pets and children to run around.
- The toned pattern increases the realistic nature of the grass.
- Can be installed easily without many complexities
Check the Safety
This is another critical area where you should pre-investigate. Is your rooftop area safe to install fake grass where the children and pets may play around? We’d always recommend you to get turfs installed on roofs that are walled well for extra security!
Collect the Required Materials
After you’re done with all the inspections, now it’s time for the actions. Get all the tools we’re telling you to before starting the work. When you have all the tools at hand, the work would be smooth and take the least amount of time:
- Extremely sharp utility knife
- Measuring tape
- Joining Tape
- Synthetic grass adhesive
You should be able to get these items at any hardware store nearby!
Installing the Grass on the Roof
Here are the simple steps to getting the grass installed on your roof.
If You’re Roof’s Uneven
If your roof is uneven, you may want to install an underlay before heading in for the complete installation. Shock Pads are one of the effective options to tackle uneven surfaces.
Sweep the Roof Clean
Before you lay the grass, make sure the floor is clean and tidy and no debris or objects are left as it can give you unwanted cuts or injuries while walking barefoot.
Lay the Grass
Now just simply roll out the grass on your rooftop. As we already said, you should have the roof adequately measured and order the grass accordingly for the perfect fit.
If you find the grass to be a bit longer, then cut the extra portion out.
Now paste the adhesive on the floor correctly on the edges. Next, use adhesive underneath and press the grass down above it around the edge for a hardened grip.
Try putting weights for a longer time on the grass, so they get a firm hold.
Use Artificial Grass Tape At Joining
You can use artificial grass tape in the adjoining areas where you need to join two separate grass structures. After joining the two separate areas, use weights or walk on them to get them appropriately attached.
Brush the Fibers for a Better Look
Finally, you can brush the grass so that the grass fibers remain upward and look good. Then, you can use a rake to act.
Well, these are the simple steps through which you can just simply install artificial grass on your rooftop. One thing to remember, we don’t encourage you to drill the grass on the roof. It may cause issues in later stages, so stick to the adhesives and tapes.
Can I put Artificial Grass on My Roof?
As we just showed you how it’s done, you can put the grass on your roof. But you’d need to make sure your roof has quality drainage and coated to be protected from water exposure!
If you want the premium appearance from a quality roof artificial turf then you can have a look at this:
Petgrow · Artificial Grass Turf Lawn
- THICK & REALISTIC ARTIFICAL GRASS RUG: Grass height about 1.37” in length, 70 oz total weight per square yard, high-density artificial grass. With 4-tone color, soft and lush and the thatch looks & feels like real grass. Providing you with year round green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- PERFORMANCE :Made of the highest quality polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarns, resistant synthetic material high temperature, superior resilience & durability. Rubber backed with drainage hole, easy to clean and can be dry quickly.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY & SAVE MONEY: It is friendly. No mowing, No watering.Safe for pets and children.
- Perfect for Outdoor decor, such as Garden, Lawn, Patio, Landscape, Backyard, Deck, Porch and other outdoor place. Also used as Mat, Carpet in indoor.
- Easy Installation: Made to withstand all weather conditions, this turf rug can also be cut to desired size or shape without causing any fraying. You only need to choose an area to put and roll out the grass and you are done! You can even cut the grass roll into your sizes to better accommodate your place.
- Constructed using the most premium grade Polypropylene material for the most durable output
- Top-notch synthetic material offers heat resistance which should work for the roof
- Comes equipped with intelligent drainage for quick drying up
- Doesn’t lose shine easily offering the lush green sensation
Well, throughout our easy and highly comprehensive guide, we’ve tried to demonstrate to you how to install artificial grass on the rooftop. In the primary stage, we talked about some of the precautionary measures you must perform before doing anything on the roof. After your roof has passed the test, only then can you move in for an easy installation.
Getting artificial grass installed on the roof is by far the simplest! It offers a lot as well. They don’t get dirty as they would if they were in the backyard.
Further, maintaining synthetic turf on the roof is way easier while coming with extraordinary views and a playground for your children or pets close to the sky! So what are you waiting for? Get your turf and turn the roof green instantly!
With outstanding experience as a content strategist, Nesar leads the team with exceptional strategies and techniques. He has a solid understanding of the company's marketing strategy and how it will be implemented on all platforms and has the capability to communicate that information effectively with other departments within the organization.
Further, with his deep understanding of marketing and relative fields he plans to the business goals will be achieved. For over a year, Nesar’s contribution to The Greenoma is unparalleled and his sheer skill and firm determination has made us who we are today.