Tired of your dog peeing at the wrong place and at the wrong time? Are you looking for a dog litter box that works?
Of course, getting the best artificial grass for dog potty can offer you the best training ground to get your pup to answer his nature calls at a specific spot and not on your bed sheet or carpets.
Midnight pee urges of your pup can be a serious issue and can certainly make your home smell like a zoo creating a devastatingly unhealthy atmosphere indoors.
Recently potty pads for dogs are being highly used as well right now for their innumerable benefits.
Best Artificial Grass for Dog Potty
Here in our detailed guide, we’re going to talk about some of the fake grass for dog potty you need in fact. We’ll go through each item, detailing both their strengths and weaknesses so you can make the most correct pick.
So let’s find out, shall we?
PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Puppy Pads for Dog Potty
- PEACE OF MIND: Great for working pet parents or those that live in apartments and want to train the dog to use the restroom indoor
- LESS ODOR: The covered waste bin and Wee Sponge powder work together to trap smells and help keep the potty odor-free. Made of PET- Polyethylene Terephthalate plastic.
- CONVENIENT CLEAN-UP: The Pee-Pod slides out of the base and the Wee Sponge powder turns the urine into a gel on contact to easily dispose of the waste
- EASY-TO-CLEAN GRASS MAT: Synthetic grass mat can be easily cleaned with water; Simply remove from the base and rinse
- PERFECT FOR SMALL SPACES: The Pet Loo is great for smaller spaces such as RV’s, campers, apartments and patios
Here in the first part of our list, we have the highly well-known PetSafe pads. So let’s find out what they have to offer!
- Included Items: Base, grass pad, a waste tray, pee pod, wee sponge.
- Size: L33 in. W33 in. H5 in.
- Color: Green
If you’re one of those new pet owners and don’t know how to train your pup to use the indoor restroom, then this is the puppy pad you should go for. Because its’ beautifully crafted natural-looking surface makes it highly inviting for the dog to use it for its’ midnight pee urges when you can’t take him out.
The intelligent design of the pad drains and collects the liquid in the pee tray underneath, and when you add the waste sponge powder, it locks in the smell by turning the pee into a jelly-like form. So the entire solution remains odor-free for offering a healthier home for you and your children.
Furthermore, getting the pad cleaned and maintained is unbelievably simple. Just get the easily removable matt out flush the small mat using a warm water hose down the mat and use Wee Care Enzyme cleaner twice a week; that’s it!
You can use the tray almost anywhere; being negligible, it doesn’t require much space, so you can accommodate it in your RV, indoor, outdoor, patio, or balcony wherever you want!
One thing that may bother you is the clips. The clips may not always hold the grass mat in place in the case of larger, more robust dogs. But all things considered, this is one of the best artificial turfs for dog potty you can go for right now!
- Offers one of the best solutions to midnight dog peeing problems
- Intelligently designed tray quickly drains and collects liquids
- The intelligent solution turns the liquids into gels locking in the unpleasant odor
- Unbelievably simple cleaning operations
- It can fit in small places from balconies to RVs and indoor
- Clips may not always hold on with more muscular dogs
MEEXPAWS Dog Grass Pee Pads for Dogs with Tray
- EXTRA LARGE SIZE: 45 ×34 inches, suitable for extra large dogs, like Golden Retriever, Alaskan Malamute, Labrador ... indoor, for balcony
- 4 LAYER SYSTEM: 1. Top -- Artificial grass; 2. Middle –Grid keeps the grass elevated & clean from the pee pads; 3. Middle -- pee pads; 4. Bottom -- Tray
- 2 ARITIFICIAL GRASS PADS: It is convenient for you to wash one while the other is available for use. Designed with reinforced tufts and a strong rubber backing to withstand the tearing of pet. The bottom of artificial grass features much more small holes, liquids can go through the grass pad quicker and won’t sit on the surface
- TRAINING PADS: 2 training pad included ,35.4×23.6 inches, very absorbent,leak-proof ; More pads can be bought by searching “ MEEXPAWS pee pads “ on Amazon
- EXTRA LARGE TRAY HOLDER: 45×34 inches,dried in the shade
At the 2nd spot in the list, we have another quality item by Meexpaws. If you have a larger dog who needs some space to just sit, then these extra-large pee pads are the thing you should go for now! This spacious 45x 35 inches pad would be the favorite resting ground for your large dogs and correct litter box.
- Large Size: Offers an extended area for larger dogs to pee 45×35 inches long.
- Weight: Coming at around 20.5 pounds, it may seem a bit heavier for a pee pad
- Color: Coming in Green it’s inviting for the dog to do answer its’ nature calls
This one, much like the PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Puppy Pads, has an inner tray mechanism that collects the liquids to conceal the exposed smell.
Another thing to consider is that they’re providing you with multiple grass pads, which would offer the ultimate convenience as you always get one to use while the other one is being used.
Dogs love to mess things up. That’s why this grass pad is constructed incredibly sturdy so that it gets to withstand your dog trying to tear it apart.
This tiny hole structure on the bottom part of the grass would offer a quick-drying mechanism that should limit the smell to a certain extent.
The bottom tray can seem a bit fragile that’s why we’d ask you to handle it lightly. But, keeping aside the minor flaws like this one, you should be able to get a decent service from the Pee pad and reduce the possibility of peeing on your carpets or bed sheets.
- Built extra-large, which would fit the old, bigger dogs
- The inner tray mechanism quickly collects the liquids and dries up fast
- Multiple grass pads can be used interchangeably, offering more convenience
- Quality drainage mechanism reduces the possibility of odor breaking out
- The bottom tray can be a bit too fragile
HQ4us Dog Grass pad with Large Tray Dog Litter
- ATTENTION : LARGE PLASTIC HOLDER (34''×23”) for large dogs (10lbs to 70lbs) like French Bulldog, beagle, collie. Please measure your DOG & PLACING AREA before order to make sure the size of LITTER BOX is suitable. It can protect floor better from urine and stools of pets. PLEASE DO NOT LAY THE TRAY IN THE BLAZING SUNSHINE AFTER CLEANING, ESPECIALLY IN SUMMER.
- 2 PCS OF REALISTIC ARTIFICIAL TURF … Possible for daily replacement; easy clean. The fake grass is firmly fixed in black rubber back; hard to be bitten off by pets. We would like to advise you wash the turfs frequently. That's why this pet toilet contains 2 pieces of grass mats which can be alternative every day. PLEASE SOAK THE GRASS PAD IN SOAPY WATER FOR A WHILE BEFORE RINSING, which could get rid of the pee and stink mostly.
- GRATE … Sepecial deisgned drainage grate can seperate the disposable pee pads from grass. Quick absorbency and much less stink.
- TRAINING : Most of the dogs like peeing on grass. However, it depends on each individual. Your lovely pet may need some patient training . If your dog wouldn’t go near it, please LEAVE SOME URINE ON THE LAWN, which will help him/her get used.
- 2×DOG PEE PADS … Advanced absorption technology from Japan; absorb instantly; with deodorizing factors and pet inducer; ultra absorbent about 1100ml.
Here at the third spot in the list, we have another quality dog litter box that you should have for the pup. Offering a realistic-looking grass structure would surely attract the pup to urinate on it and would take a lot less time to get them trained to use it.
- Dimensions: Comes in a large size with dimensions L34 x W23 x H1.4
- Color: Green
- Weight: Isn’t much heavy at 10.28 pounds
Moreover, like the MEEXPAWS Dog Grass Pee Pads, they’re also giving you multiple grass mats so you can always use one while the other one is being dried.
Dogs can really make a mess, especially if they’re biting the grass mat off and running with it all across your home; it’s going to make the entire house smelly.
But, this dog grass has made sure that the mat is firmly attached to the pot so they can’t make such a mess. Coming with outstanding micro drainage holes, it offers 6 times quicker liquid drainage than the regular ones, drying the mat faster and limiting the spread of the smell.
This incredible grass solution also offers innovative grate construction. Which separates the grass and the pads underneath and offers cleaner drainage. Finally, there are the absorption pads which are unlike the empty tray we previously discussed. These highly deodorized pads soak up all the liquid instantly while offering a soothing smell, completely covering the unpleasant urine odor.
The tray that holds the pad may seem a bit too easily breakable. But on the whole, this is one of the best synthetic turfs for dog Potty you can go for right now!
- Intelligent deodorized pads soak up urine while emitting a soothing smell
- Attractive lush green lifelike grass mat instantly hooks the pups
- Plenty of drainage holes drain the liquid faster
- Grate sustains a clean liquid collection
- The tray may seem a bit too easily breakable
Dog Grass Large Potty Patch
In the final parts of our guide, we have another premium item, this time by Pick For Life! If you’re tired of your dog peeing everywhere then, it’s the litter box he deserves!
- Dimension: Large 35″x22.6″ surface would offer a quality spot for larger dogs.
- Type: Innovative triple-layered design offers quality waste control
- Color: Beautiful Green surface would attract any dog
- Weight: 7.05 pounds
If you’re having a hard time training your dogs to use the litter box, then this lifelike grass solution would easily attract them to let go of their waste in the nicest manner.
Much like most of the grass we talked about, this one too comes with drainage holes to get the urine to travel underneath.
They also come with an incredible puppy pad solution. When the drainage holes get the liquids to travel downwards, the puppy pads catch the water and absorb it quickly, so the extreme odor-causing issues can be easily curbed.
Moreover, the entire setup is straightforward to clean and completely washable using soap, you can just hose down to clean the tray, and you’re ready to go!
One thing that can bother you a bit is the replacement pads. It can be a bit challenging to find the proper replacement pads but looking at the grass, overall, this should be a good add-on and make a quality dog litter box anytime!
- Highly attractive grass helps train and makes dogs use it more frequently
- Series of tiny drainage holes make the liquid subside quicker
- Comes equipped with innovative puppy pads which soaks the water contents faster
- Easy to clean and maintain without much hassle
- Finding replacement pads can be a bit difficult
TSIANHUZY Artificial Grass Mats Washable Pee Pad
Well, our last and final item on the list is by TSIANHUZY! Like the aforementioned pee pads, this one, too, can be a quality litter box alternative with the least hassle. So let’s check this one out!
- Dimensions: 35’’X23.2″
- Weight: 6.55 Pounds
- Color: Green
- Items included: 2 Packs of grass pads,1 PC washable pee mat, 1 PC potty tray.
This one comes with a dimension of a 35’’x 23.2″ surface. So, it’s large enough to accommodate the bigger and older doggos in your house.
It comes with a 3 layer mechanism with a highly absorbing speed pad in the middle, grass on top, and a tray in the bottom, making it one of the most sophisticated urine smell locking technologies for a healthier home!
The grass offers quality drainage for the urine to pass through quicker and limits the spread of smell.
This highly versatile item can be used indoors and outdoors, offering an all-around performance you can trust.
Similar to the MEEXPAWS Dog Grass Pee Pads, durability is another crucial quality of this grass. Made using PE polyethylene and polypropylene components, it should provide you with a lasting service. They’d also offer you two grass mats so the item can be operational even while being washed.
Getting bigger dogs on it can be an issue. As the mat may not seem utterly stable while larger pups are running on it.
But, keeping aside the minor flaws, this should be a quality pee pad grass mat for the pup!
- It can easily accommodate bigger dogs
- Comes with a sophisticated 3 layer technology to limit the smell to a certain extent
- Quality drainage system dries up the mat quick
- Durably built to sustain dog mess
- It May seem a bit wobbly for the larger pups
How to Eliminate Odor from Synthetic Grass for Dog Potty
Well, getting the odor out from the synthetic grass can be a hurdle. As they age, it tends to become extremely difficult to keep them odor-free. Let’s look at some of the intelligent techniques to eliminfate the odor.
Focus on the Drainage
If you want to eliminate the smell, it’s always better to find prevention rather than a cure. Because once the smell is there, it’s pretty challenging to get rid of it completely, according to K9Grass.
That’s why we’d ask you to get mats that have a highly sophisticated drainage mechanism. The grass mat and the grate should be made to minimize contact with the liquid and offer a swift transition of the liquid from the top of the mat to the tray.
In this case, you can look for the mats with more tiny drainage holes, which should dry up the mat faster, so less odor is released.
Instant and Frequent Action
Another smart way to reduce the spread of odor is to take on-the-spot actions. For example, wash the mat as soon as your pup has used it. If you wash up the mat right after use, the smell will not settle. As a result, it’d limit the foul scent.
Moreover, frequent washing of the mat with warm water would also remove the chemical compounds responsible for the stink, reducing the smell to a minimum.
Use Smart Absorption Techniques
Most of the best artificial grass for dog potty solutions we talked about come with unique smell restricting technologies. So we’d suggest you find ones that possess one of these mechanisms.
There are artificial grass mat solutions that come with pee pads underneath the grass. When the grass drains the liquid, the pee pad catches it and instantly absorbs the smell. Some pee pads also have built-in deodorizing properties. Which releases a cover-up smell as soon as it starts absorbing the urine, ultimately reducing any trace of the foul scents.
Another mechanism is that you use a powder-like substance on the tray. When the liquid comes in contact with the powdery substance, it turns into jelly, locking in the smell. You can later throw out the jelly and reuse the tray with that powdery solution.
These are the two most intelligent techniques which you can use to limit the possibility of an odor breakout and keep your home healthier than ever!
Tips for Training Your Dog to Use an Artificial Grass for Dog Potty
Dogs are used to doing Potty on the grass. That’s why it’d be relatively easy to get them trained on the artificial grass; perhaps it’d be more straightforward than any other surface. Anyways, let’s look at some of the critical mechanisms you can follow to get them to use it.
Take Him to the Mat
Nina Bradley claimed that this is one of the most effective techniques which you can use. Get inside a room or a confined space after feeding it something. Keep the grass clean and ready. Try putting your pup on the grass, so he does his Potty on it.
If he does, Potty instantly treats him with a tasty reward. If he does not do Potty right away, then wait and keep an eye on him. Whenever he shows the symptom of doing Potty grab him and again quickly place him on the mat.
And follow up with a treat afterward. If you do this quite a few times, we’re optimistic that he’d be using the mat every time.
This is another unique and easy technique you can use. Reach the dog near the artificial grass and feed him. So when he feels the urge to do Potty, he’d have no way other than the grass. If you do this quite a few times, the dog should quickly learn precisely where to answer his nature calls.
Animals understand the language of food. Sounds harsh, but it’s true. The moment you’re giving your pup treats after any of its actions, it’d mean that particular action is being rewarded, and they’d be likely to replicate that action more often.
So, whenever your pup does, it’s Potty on the grass; you should immediately reward him with a delicious treat. He’d get the message and would always try to use the fake grass when needed.
A Bit Larger Surface
It’s better if the artificial grass isn’t too small for the pup. So, always get synthetic turf based on its size. If the pup feels uncomfortable adjusting itself on a small grass surface, then it’d lose interest to use it completely.
The defecation process requires a place where the dog feels relaxed and comfortable. That’s why always try to get a larger grass surface so that the
Comfortable space and become much more interested in using it.
Pick One Spot, Not Many
One of the mistakes that we often make with potty training our pets, whether that’s dogs or cats, is to continuously change the litter box or faux grass mat placement. If the pet has failed to answer its’ nature calls at our desired location, we tend to place it at some other spot, so it gets easier for him to find out.
Unfortunately, such moves would only confuse them, making them unable to understand the primary purpose of the artificial grass. So, we’d suggest you pick one spot easily reachable to your dog, and then you can continue trying to get him to use it gradually. \
Here’s a list of products you can use for dog potty:
|Puppy Pads||Disposable absorbent pads that can be placed on the floor for dogs to use as an indoor potty option.|
|Dog Diapers||Disposable or reusable diapers for dogs that can be worn to prevent accidents in the house.|
|Grass Potty Patch||A patch of real grass that can be placed indoors or outdoors for dogs to use as a potty area.|
|Artificial Grass||A synthetic alternative to real grass that can be used as an indoor or outdoor potty area for dogs.|
|Dog Litter Box||A box filled with litter or artificial turf that can be used indoors as a potty area for dogs.|
|Pee Post||A post infused with pheromones that can be placed outdoors to encourage dogs to use a specific spot.|
Who Should Invest in an Artificial Grass For Dog Potty?
Let’s look at who and why one should invest in artificial grass for a dog potty. First, of course, it goes without saying that households with a pet dog living indoors are likely to get synthetic grass dog potty.
They’re Cleaner and Healthier
The main reason you should use them in the first place is that they have cleaner and healthier ways of functioning. For example, the mats are usually built with a drainage mechanism that drains the liquid instantly.
Underneath the mat, they have intelligent solutions like powders that can lock up the smell turning the urine into a jello-like compound that you can throw away later. On the other hand, some pads can instantly absorb the liquid while emitting a delicate fragrance present in the pads. As a result of these unique mechanisms, they’re way cleaner and safer.
Note: If you genuinely want a healthier home for you and your pets, we’d suggest you go ahead with the premium PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Puppy Pads for the best performance
Easy to Maintain
Maintaining the Potty is one of the biggest challenges for any pet owner. The good thing about fake grass solutions is that they require the most minor maintenance. Just hose down the mat to clean it.
Then, use warm water and cleaning solutions once a week, and you’re ready to go. On top of that, the potty manufacturers also offer different cleaning compounds and sprays, making the job even more feasible. So, it cuts a lot down on maintenance chores, making it an undeniable choice for dog potty.
Another good thing about them is, that none of the tools in the artificial grass tray are permanent. So whenever you feel like it’s beyond repair and smell foul, then you can replace each one of the tools in the solution. Likewise, artificial grass mats can be replaced. Furthermore, you can also replace the pee pads, which soak up the liquid. Thus, making it highly efficient for the user.
Ideal for Snowy and Rainy Weather Conditions
When heavy snowing occurs, or the rain is pouring down, so your pup cannot go out to do its thing, you can use these artificial grass litter boxes. They’d offer the momentary backup and save your carpets and bed sheets from imminent danger.
So, based on all these considerations, getting the best artificial grass for a dog potty would greatly aid any dog owner right now!
How Easy is it to Clean Pet Waste from the Artificial Grass?
It’s effortless to clean them. Liquid wastes would automatically travel down and be collected in the tray.
What is an Artificial Grass Dog Potty?
It’s a specially designed dog litter box with an artificial grass mat on top to make the dogs more interested in doing their Potty on it.
How do you get stubborn dog pee odor out of fake grass?
You can find tons and tons of solutions and odor masking agents in the market. Your manufacturer can also provide you with deodorizing sprays and powders to limit the smell. And last but not least you can replace the mats.
Can a dog pee and poop on artificial grass?
Yes, they can do both on synthetic grass.
Is It Ok For Dogs To Pee On Artificial Grass?
Certainly, yes. They’re designed to offer quality protection against your pup’s continuous need for peeing.
Why do you Use Artificial Grass for a Dog Potty?
Basically, to keep the house cleaner and healthier. The dog wouldn’t pee or poop on your carpets or other living areas; instead, they’d only use the artificial grass, which you can later clean up.
Well, we’re at the concluding part of our long and exquisitely detailed discussion. Throughout the guide, we tried to look at some of the best synthetic grass for dog potty. We offered a deeper, more in-depth look as we analyzed both their strengths and their weaknesses, making it easy for you to decide which one you want to go for.
If you’re not sure which one offers the best outcomes, we’d certainly recommend you to go for the PetSafe Pet Loo Portable Puppy Pads.
Apart from the items, we also tried to provide you with critical information about synthetic turf and how it can be utilized appropriately to keep your house cleaner.
Artificial grass for dog potty is undoubtedly one of those smart solutions that can keep your house cleaner and healthier. It’s suitable for the inhabitants of the house and the children living in your house.
And goes without saying that it’s also good for your pup, who now has a permanent place to let go of his wastes. So what are you waiting for?
Get the best artificial grass for dog potty right now and have a cleaner and healthier household from tomorrow!
With outstanding experience as a content strategist, Nesar leads the team with exceptional strategies and techniques. He has a solid understanding of the company's marketing strategy and how it will be implemented on all platforms and has the capability to communicate that information effectively with other departments within the organization.
Further, with his deep understanding of marketing and relative fields he plans to the business goals will be achieved. For over a year, Nesar’s contribution to The Greenoma is unparalleled and his sheer skill and firm determination has made us who we are today.